As we age, hair becomes more and more relevant for our looks, and as women, we tend to care more about it and look for it; either we start dyeing it or cut it shorter! But getting older doesn’t mean giving up on your long mane! Discover below some awesome suggestions for long hairstyles for older women. And if these 50+ examples are not enough, throw a glance at 100 Layered Hairstyles and Cuts for Long Hair too!
1. Messy Bun Long Hairstyles for Older Women With Grey Hair
Pull your long hair in a ponytail and stop halfway through to create the messy, loose bun. This casual, relaxed hairstyle will look young and cool paired with modern earrings or sunglasses.
2. Long Bob Hairstyles for Older Women with Natural Silver Tones
Either you decide to add silver highlights to your partly grayed hair, or you have this uniform pattern that suits perfectly a long straight bob haircut that is both modern looking, although it’s a classic.
3. Long Shag Hairstyles for Older Women with Messy Bangs
Get shape and volume for your mane with minimum effort by opting for this long layered shag haircut, with messy bangs, perfect for those days when you don’t feel like doing your hair.
4. Blonde and Grey Balayage for Shag Haircut with Side Swept Bangs
Combine gray hairs with a blonde balayage and baby lights that will even out the color of your hair, and get a killer shag haircut to flaunt those beautiful locks.
5. Long Straight Silver Hair with Straight Cut Bangs Hairstyles for Older Women
Choose to get silver-colored hair for this beautiful uniform shade of gray, and don’t worry; it’s totally cool and modern to have an ashy, icy color for you nowadays!
6. Top Knot with Scrunchies for Silver Long Hair
Hide your age with this super girlish updo hairstyle! Simply grab a scrunchy from your drawer and pull your gray hair in a high ponytail to get this look.
7. Wavy Natural Long Silver Hairstyles for Older Women with Side Part
This two-tone white and gray hairstyle looks so awesome I want to have it, although I only have 10 gray hairs now. This beautiful natural long hair with a side part needs minimal styling.
8. Long Layered Natural Hair with Half Ponytail and Thin Fringe
If you have different colors in your hair as you barely started to be dye-free, you can play with them by pulling your hair in a half ponytail to reveal the darker undertones and leave your fringe side-swept.
9. Sleek Straight Two-Colored Hair with Layered Haircut
Even out your hair by adding a second color and choosing to wear it in a classy, simple, sleek manner for an elegant appearance. This is a great reference for older women over 50.
10. Lived-in Dreadlocks Hairstyles for Older Women
Get those dreadlocks you ever dreamed of sport, and enjoy the result! Black-gray tendrils look awesome in this melange, and you can add silver hair cuffs for extra – shine.
11. Faux Mohawk for Silver Pink Long Hairstyles for Women Over 70
We want this lady to be our modern Rosie the Riveter Power Icon since she rocks that Silver-pink Faux Mohawk better than any young girl out there! Simply tease your hair and style it to stay straight with plenty of hair spray.
12. Braided Pigtails Long Hairstyles for Older Women
Take your hair, split it in half and start braiding the two sections in two different pigtails. It’s a cool, youngish way to wear your hair, and it looks amazing with gray hairs intertwined in it.
13. Messy Curly Hairstyles for Older Women
Natural curls are so beautiful and feminine, that you can’t resist flaunting them in a free-falling hairstyle with just a bit of hair oil added to give them a good definition.
14. Silver Blonde Shag Haircut for Long Hair with Bangs
This is a fantastic hair color you can sport without worrying that your roots will start growing and ruin the shade. Simply pick a silver-blonde dye and opt for a layered shag haircut with long bangs to flaunt your long tresses!
15. Brunette Long Bob with Silver Highlights Long Hairstyles for Older Women
A stylish lob is a good option for your hair, with added silver highlights in front to illuminate your facial features.
16. Half-Bun Long Hairstyles for Older Women
Brush your long hair and split it into two sections. Create a coil out of the crown hair and let the other half fall freely to your shoulders.
17. Blonde Shag Long Hairstyle with Wispy Bangs
This blonde, warm shade of color goes great with gray hair, and it will be lovely displayed with a shag haircut that you can style with soft curls and wispy bangs parted sideways.
18. Pin-up Curls for Medium Long Silver Hair
Older doesn’t have to mean less stylish or undone. These pin-up style curls that you can create using a curling iron and bobby pins are super cool in this white-gray color combination.
19. Ashy Blonde Layered Long Straight Hairstyles for Older Ladies
A fantastic ashy blonde color looks awesome paired with a long layered haircut since it will display all the beautiful shades in your hair. Give your hair a good blow-dry and you are ready to go!
20. Silver White Long Bob with Straight Bangs for Older Women
This hairstyle looks so much fun! A straight-cut lob paired with cool bangs makes for a super modern hairstyle you can rock no matter the age!
21. Straight Long Hairstyles with Tiara Headband
Adorn your natural tresses with a tiara-like headband for those special occasions in your life. Add red lipstick and a pair of long earrings and let your natural beauty be admired!
22. Black and White Long Layered Hairstyles For Older Women with Bangs
If you have long thick hair, it can benefit greatly from a long layered hairstyle and the added splash of color will draw attention to your face and eyes.
23. Messy Bun Updo for White Long Hairstyle for Women Over 60
Super elegant and classic, this basic bun combined with a teased crown part makes for a ballerina-inspired look that you can totally wear to special occasions too. Check out more hairstyles for women over 60.
24. Long Layered Silver Hairstyles with Long Bangs
Wavy, subtle layers were added to this long hairstyle to create a feminine coiffure that looks different than your typical brown balayage.
25. Loose Side Braid with Bangs for Long Two-colored Hair
You can wear a quick, easy-to-do side braid on those days when you have plenty to do and you need a quick fix for your long tresses. Let your bangs long enough to frame your face.
26. Half Up Half Down Easy Long Hairstyles for Older Ladies
Pull your crown hair in a ponytail and cover the elastic band with a hairpiece so that it looks stylish and creates a couple of curls to your hair’s end. This updo for long hair is great for busy days.
27. Silver Fox Long Hairstyles with Straight Bangs for Older Women
A silver fox shade for your hair will give you plenty of shine and a unique look people will surely admire! Sport this layered wavy haircut with a straight-cut fringe that will draw attention to your eyes.
28. Black and Silver Dreadlocks for Older Women
Make a bold statement by wearing two-colored braid extensions you can install with the help of a braids artist. It will make your hair’s natural color pop out and catch the eye.
29. Crown Bun for Silver Grey Medium-Long Hair
A messy, high bun is a good idea any day, and just because your hair started graying it doesn’t mean you should quit your favorite updo, on the contrary!
30. Natural Looking Long Hairstyle with Straight Hair
Grey hair is not so common, so any hairstyle that lets you grow it dye-free is more than appreciated. This straight, layered haircut is really special, thanks to the natural look.
31. Long Afro Curls with Middle Part for Older Women
This bob haircut is not your typical lob. These naturally curly locks have more volume on the upper side and they become gradually thinner towards the end, making this Afro perm look super original.
32. Swept-Back Grey Brown Long Bob Hairstyles for Older Women
If you thought bob haircuts are not versatile, think again! This hairstyle proves the exact opposite with a swept-back direction for your long strands of hair that exhibit the lived-in roots in a stylish manner.
33. Messy Updo for Gombre Long Hairstyle
A grey ombre, also known as Gombre is a mixture of natural grey hair and silver-blonde highlights that will give your hair extra shine and color definition. Choose to wear a simple, teased-up updo and colorful lipstick.
34. Grey Hair Back Knot with Elegant Flexi Clip Hairstyles
For those elegant occasions in one’s life, a natural grey hairstyle can be worn in a minimal back knot adorned with a colorful Flexi clip for contrast.
35. Voluminous Shag Hairstyles for Older Women for Long Natural Grey Hair
If your hair is now completely gray, get a shag haircut for long hair and opt for coloring only the front part in a lighter shade so that it illuminates your face and creates a beautiful contrast with the rest of the mane.
36. Curly Messy White Space Buns for Older Women
From the gorgeous snow blonde hair color to the cool embellished frame of the sunglasses, there is nothing not to love about these curly messy space buns that this old lady sure know how to wear in style!
37. Long Straight Grey Hairstyle for Older Women with Middle Part and Side Twisted Braids
Create a middle part in your straight gray hair. Start braiding in two-strand twists one braid on each side of your head and fixate it using hairpins.
38. Boho-Chic Silver Highlighted Wavy Long Hairstyles with Headband
The colorful, flat headbands are back in fashion so don’t be afraid to wear one in order to give your long haircut a beautiful contrast.
39. Dye Free Long Hairstyle
Soft curls and grey hairs look awesome when you have long natural locks that you can style with minimal effort.
40. Sleek Wavy Retro Curls for Dye-Free for Older Women
Another great option for special occasions, these retro curls for dye-free hair look so glamorous that they will be the highlight of the evening no matter where you go.
41. Back Bun with Braided Crown for Long Blonde Hair
Start by braiding a side braid for half of your crown and add the ends to your back bun using bobby pins and same-color scrunchies to hide them.
42. Messy Beach Waves for Older Women
Simple, messy beach waves with straight ends are an option if you have gray hair or an ashy balayage as well. It is actually a great idea to go for a free-falling hairstyle when you have such a special hair color that you can keep out of your face with a headband matching your style.
43. Messy Bee-hive Bun for Long Grey Hair with Bangs
A bee-hive bun will add plenty of volume and dimension to your updo and it’s also a good idea for a special occasion when you can use different hair accessories to adorn your updo.
44. Two-colored Updo with Long Bangs and Long Sideburns Hairstyle
Create a visual effect in your hair by dyeing your bangs a darker shade of brown compared to the blonde gray strands in your mane area. This way you are sure to give a contoured shape to your haircut and draw attention to your eyes.
45. Layered Hairstyles for Older Women with Side-Swept Fringe
A sensual, messy but stylish hairstyle is this long layered haircut paired with a side-swept uneven fringe that will give your face a beautiful frame.
46. Glamorous Space Buns for Grey Blonde Hair
Don’t be afraid to try a glamorous version of the popular space buns. Add pearls and embellished hairpins to your buns to create this sophisticated, yet playful look.
47. Silver Fox Balayage Shag Long Hairstyle
This cut frames the face, accentuates bone structure, and is so versatile! It looks great straight or curly and the subtle change of color makes for a great visual effect.
48. Elegant Wavy Ponytail for White-Grey Hair
Straight fine hair can be curled to create a pretty shape for your typical high ponytail, transforming a day-to-day look into a spectacular elegant hairstyle.
49. Crown Hairstyle with Top Little Knots and Twists
A more intricate sophisticated updo, this twisted, knotted crown hairstyle looks gorgeous with silver hair. Start making little twisted braids in your hair and fixate them using bobby pins. Gather them all together at the back of your nape and hide the ends for a stylish look.
50. Naturally Wavy Medium Hairstyle
Ombre hairstyles are suited for gray hair too and the photo below stands to prove this statement. You can regain your natural hair waves if you let it grow without bleaching it and air drying it. This is a perfect medium hairstyle for older women. Try it out!
51. Dye-free Straight Hair with Straight Bangs and Updo
Get all the freedom you need with your natural grey hair by playing with different coiffures and haircuts. This simple, practical straight updo goes well with straight bangs since it frames your face and illuminates it.
Gray hair and dye-free long hairstyles can be equally or even more fabulous than colored ones, so don’t be sad that you have them! These long hairstyles for older women are great examples of how to wear your locks no matter the age! Check out Your Guide to Aging, Thinning Hair: 5 Simple Tips.
Leave a Reply